Cart 0

About Us

Doon Valley Golf Course

The Armenian Prelacy of Canada is the national organization that oversees all the Armenian Apostolic Churches of Canada. A number of years ago, the Executive Council of the Prelacy suggested that various events be held in Canada as a means to give charitable support to local communities.

The Armenian Prelacy Golf Tournament was started in the Waterloo Region to fulfill this objective, and it was decided by its organizing committee to assist the fundraising efforts of the Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation (CMHF) towards its new expansion and renovation project. The first tournament was held in 2009, and due to the overwhelming support of participants and sponsors, this annual event recently celebrated its 8th anniversary on Thursday, June 23, 2016.

Proceeds raised by the tournament go to the Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) and the Armenian Prelacy of Canada. Many people do not realize that the Ontario government pays 90% of construction costs for new hospital buildings and renovations.  The community must raise the other 10%, and 100% of new equipment costs.  CMHF raises funds from the generosity of individuals, businesses, and the community, and through events such as the Armenian Prelacy Golf Tournament.  "Transformation CMH is the most profound change to our local healthcare system since we opened our doors in 1888."  Once complete, Cambridge Memorial Hospital will be the most advanced hospital in our region.

 

 In support of the Armenian Prelacy of Canada and the Cambridge Memorial Hospital.